Import process steps
Whether you manually trigger an import or it is triggered by the scheduled hour, the import process will go through steps to download, parse, load and import your data from your sources to our internal database.
- Process starts by manually triggering import in the app or on a set hourly schedule
- Primary source data is downloaded
- (Optionally) Merge files are downloaded
- Data is parsed into a table according to the field mappings
- (Optionally) Filter rules are applied to exclude and remove specific rows
- Allotment is applied and rows above the maximum allowed count are removed
- Finally, we import the data into our internal database, your product catalog
Configuring your product catalog in GoDataFeed
To create listings or update inventory and price on your channels, you will need to import products from a primary source. A primary source can either be a shopping cart platform or product file.
Product Files: We also accept .csv, .txt, and .xml file formats via an HTTP link or from an FTP.
HTTP/HTTPS FTP SFTP
Shopping Carts: We have built integrations with many shopping cart platforms so that you can easily import your products. Simply follow the instructions found in our product import setup guides.
Shopify BigCommerce v3 WooCommerce Magento 2.x Volusion 3dcart Squarespace AmeriCommerce Yahoo Small Business NetSuite Miva Amazon osCommerce ShopSite XCart ZenCart Oracle AspDotNet
Merge files – or supplemental data files – are secondary data sources that allow you to add additional products or product data attributes to your catalog without adding or modifying data in your store platform.
Review your import settings
- Catalog - download and review the imported product catalog
- Alerts - choose to get email alerts about your product catalog import status
- Allotment - adjust your product allotment to ensure you are importing all possible skus, the default is 1,000 skus or your plan allowed max.
- Mapping - check that we have all of your data, and tell the system which fields to import from your store, map your product data to the system fields
- Schedule - add additional times to your import schedule - default is 12:00 am once daily
- Filters - create filter rules to exclude certain products from being imported into your GoDataFeed Product catalog
Now that you have imported your catalog, you will next need to identify which channels you intend to sell or advertise on.