To create listings or update inventory and price on your channels, you will need to first import your product catalog into GoDataFeed. You may either choose from one of our platform integrations or provide a file via HTTP/FTP. If you are importing via SFTP, click here for instructions.
This article covers the following topics:
GoDataFeed can extract your store's tab- or comma-delimited product source file in .txt or .csv via FTP. We can also import XML files generated according to Google's XML or GoDataFeed's XML schema. To import via FTP based on our Source File Specifications:
- Go to the Products tab from the left navigation
- Select Primary Source under the SOURCE section in the sidebar menu
- Select FTP from the Import source drop-down menu
- Enter the file's FTP Address, Username, Password, Port and File Name
- Check off the following options, if applicable:
- Passive Mode: Typically disabled, this is used when the host FTP server returns the port number the server has opened for access.
- Use SSL: Use with FTPS addresses
- Dynamic Filename: Enable if you have multiple files that contain the same filename, but need to import only the latest one. Use the wildcard symbol "%" at the beginning or end of the filename also.
- Format: Our system accepts tab- or comma-delimited .txt or .csv, as well as .xml files generated according to Google’s XML or GoDataFeed’s XML schema.
- Once saved, the system will prompt you to trigger an import. Select RUN IMPORT to import the products right away.
Note: Do not change the file name and format. Also, do not rename or remove existing fields once feeds have been setup.