To create listings or update inventory and price on your channels, you will need to first import your product catalog into GoDataFeed. You can import your product catalog using a tab- or comma-delimited file in .txt or .csv. You can also import XML files generated according to Google's XML or GoDataFeed's XML schema.
If you would like guidance on how to setup a file, then please see our Source File Specifications.
Whichever format you choose, simply host the file on your site and provide the URL to the file. You can also use Google Sheets to import a .csv file.
Set up primary source settings to import product file via HTTP
- In GoDataFeed > Products > Import Source drop-down, select HTTP
- Enter the HTTP Address, which is the URL of your HTTP file location. It usually begins with http:// or https://
- Enter the following information, if applicable:
- Username: The identification used to access your HTTP location, provide only if your link requires a login.
- Password: The secret key used to access your HTTP location, provide only if your link requires a login.
- File Format: The format of the file you are providing, for example, comma separated .csv (Learn more about GoDataFeed XML file format).
- Save -- now you may import your products
Note: Do not rename or remove existing fields once feeds have been setup.