To create listings or update inventory and price on your channels, you will need to first import your product catalog into GoDataFeed. You can import your product catalog using a tab- or comma-delimited file in .txt or .csv. You can also import XML files generated according to Google's XML or GoDataFeed's XML schema.
Sample source files
If you would like guidance on how to setup a file, then please see our specifications here.
Whichever format you choose, simply host the file on your site and provide the URL to the file. You can also use Google Sheets to import a .csv file.
How to import products from HTTP
- In GoDataFeed > Products > Import Source > select HTTP
- Enter the HTTP Address: this is the URL of your HTTP file location. It usually begins with http:// or https://
- Enter the following information, if applicable:
- Username: The identification used to access your HTTP location, provide only if your link requires a login.
- Password: The secret key used to access your HTTP location, provide only if your link requires a login.
- File Format: The format of the file you are providing, for example, comma separated .csv (Learn more about GoDataFeed XML file format).
- Click "Save" to import your products
Do not rename or remove existing fields once feeds have been setup. Otherwise, you will need to re-map the product catalog field in GoDataFeed to ensure the feed continues to work as expected.
Contact our Support team for assistance with your import
Open a support ticket