This article will help you use Google sheets to import data as either the primary source or as merge files.
Primary Source: Importing product data from Google Sheets
To import data from Google Sheets, you will need to first publish the data to a .csv file. Then, you will copy & paste the URL into your import settings in your GoDataFeed account.
- Open google sheet > Blank > File > Open
- Open file from "My Drive" or "Upload"
- Proceed if you are ready to publish your data
- File > Publish to the web
- In the "Publish to the web" modal, select "Entire document" and "Comma-separated values (.csv)"
- Optionally, you can check the "Automatically republish when changes are made" option under Published content & settings. This means any changes you make will be published and available to our system on import.
- Copy the URL.You should see "?output=csv" on the end of the URL.
- In GoDataFeed, go to Products > Primary Source
- Choose the Import Source: HTTP
- Select File Format: Comma-delimited (.csv)
- Copy & paste the URL from Google Sheets into the