To create listings or update inventory and price on your channels, you will need to first import your product catalog into GoDataFeed. You may either choose from one of our platform integrations or provide a file via HTTP/FTP.
This article covers the following topics:
GoDataFeed can extract your store's tab- or comma-delimited product source file in .txt or .csv via FTP. We can also import XML files generated according to Google's XML or GoDataFeed's XML schema. To import via HTTP based on GoDataFeed's Source File Specifications:
- Go to the Products tab from the left navigation
- Select Primary Source under the SOURCE section in the sidebar menu
- Select HTTP from the Import source drop-down menu
- Enter the HTTP Address, which is the URL of your HTTP file location. It usually begins with http:// or https://
- Enter the following information, if applicable:
- Username: The identification used to access your HTTP location, provide only if your link requires a login.
- Password: The secret key used to access your HTTP location, provide only if your link requires a login.
- File Format: The format of the file you are providing, for example, comma separated .csv (Learn more about GoDataFeed XML file format).
- Once saved, the system will prompt you to trigger an import. Select RUN IMPORT to import the feed right away.
Note: Do not rename or remove existing fields once feeds have been setup.