Text Replacement rules allow you to replace or remove text in your data feed with a custom rule. Here are some examples of how you can use replace text functions. Once you've entered your preferred text, be sure to select the checkmark to save the Find and Replace value.
Remove "Free Shipping" language
Fix duplicate values
Remove values completely
To remove a value completely, you can leave the Replace value field empty and the system will remove any references to your Replace value from that custom rule's feed field data.
To use a Text Replacement rule:
- Go to the Feeds tab in the left navigation
- Select the desired feed template
- Select Rules
- Click the plus button
- Name the rule
- Create a custom rule to SET a feed's text field to your desired value or Product [P] field. If you need to replace text in descriptions, then you may create a rule that says:
- SET: [F].[description]
- TO: [P].[description]
- WHERE: [P].[description] is not empty
- Click Text Replacement under the TO section
- Enter the text you want to replace in the Find value field
- Enter the value you want to replace within the Replace value field
Note: To remove a value completely, you can leave the Replace value field empty and the system will remove any references to your Replace value from that custom rule's feed field data.
- Click the blue checkmark to keep the replace text rule
- Click the blue 'Save' button to save the whole rule
Global rules with Text Replacements can be applied to a custom rule, and the text replacement values will automatically be applied to that rule. To use Global Rules, see the Global Rules article.