Text Replacement rules allow you to replace or remove text in your feed data with a custom rule. Here are some examples of how you can use replace text functions.
Remove "Free Shipping" language
Fix duplicate values
Remove values completely
To remove a value completely, you can leave the Replace value field empty and the system will remove any references to your Replace value from that custom rule's feed field data.
To use a Text Replacement rule:
- Go to the Feeds tab in the left navigation
- Select the desired feed template
- Select Rules
- Click the plus button
- Name the rule
- Create a custom rule to SET a feed's text field to your desired value or Product [P] field. If you need to replace text in descriptions, then you may create a rule that says:
- SET: [F].[description]
- TO: [P].[description]
- WHERE: [P].[description] is not empty
- Click Text Replacement under the TO section
- Enter the text you want to replace in the Find value field
- Enter the value you want to replace it within the Replace value field
Note: To remove a value completely, you can leave the Replace value field empty and the system will remove any references to your Replace value from that custom rule's feed field data.
- Click 'Apply' to keep the replace text rule
- Click the blue 'Save' button to save the whole rule
Note: Global rules with Text Replacements can be applied to a custom rule, and the text replacement values will automatically be applied to that rule. To use Global Rules, see the Global Rules article.