Our integration provides seamless product imports allowing you to manage your product data on BigCommerce while we automatically retrieve the latest changes on a daily basis.
Get our app from the BigCommerce App Marketplace
This option is the quickest and simplest way to be connected to GoDataFeed.
This option is the quickest and simplest way to connect GoDataFeed with your BigCommerce store.
You can sign in to an existing account or sign up directly at signup.godatafeed.com.
Step 1 Go to GET THIS APP and the GoDataFeed App (this will open GoDataFeed within your BigCommerce Dashboard).
Step 2 Go to Sign up or Login using your GoDataFeed account.
If there is more than 1 store on the GoDataFeed account, then you will be prompted to select the store to where you are installing the GoDataFeed App
Step 3 Once you have completed signing up or logging into your existing account and selecting your store you should be prompted to Import Now.
Please see the following additional import settings that you may want to review and enable depending on your store preferences and how you have your products configured in BigCommerce.
Finally, you may wish to add a channel feed template and get started with product listings, or you may wish to set up order sync to get marketplace orders into your store and updated back to the marketplace once you ship.
Generate API credentials in BigCommerce
- Log in to your BigCommerce Administration Panel
- Under Advanced Settings, click API Accounts and Create API Account
- Select: Create V2/V3 API Token
- Enter a name: GoDataFeed (or your company name)
- Copy the API Path
- The API Path contains the store hash
- For example: https://api.bigcommerce.com/stores/m1m2m3m/v3/
- Under OAuth Scopes:
- find Information & Settings and select “read-only”
- find Products and select “read-only”
- click Save
- find Information & Settings and select “read-only”
- Copy the Access Token and click Done
Configure GoDataFeed to import from BigCommerce
- In GoDataFeed > Products > Primary Source
- Select BigCommerce App v3
- Enter your Store Hash and Access Token
- Highly recommended: check off
- This is the best way to ensure you are importing the most product data possible
- This enables us to import product metafields which may contain additional product attributes
- Each unique metafield key found is a new field in the import
- Our system will automatically import and add any new fields to the import mapping list
- Before you import, check the import allotment and consider raising it to a more appropriate estimate of your total sku count. Our system will tell you how many total skus were found if your allotment is not high enough to include everything, but setting it higher if needed now will save you time.
- Save -- now you may import your products
- Requirement and Limitation
- Your store must be using headless storefronts or Stencil themes. Legacy Blueprint themes are not supported.
- Your store must be using the v3 Add/Edit Product experience.
- Your store must be using the latest version of the product list.
- Your store must be using the v3 Product Import/Export experience.
- Your store must be using MSF 301 Redirects.
- Your store must be using Optimized One-Page Checkout.
- Your store must have the updated Transactional Email Templates feature enabled.
- Your store must have the updated Abandoned Cart Saver email templates feature enabled.
Learn more about Multi-storefront here
2. How to enable multi-storefronts option
- As mentioned above, your store needs to be using the latest version of several tools before enabling MSF and creating storefronts
- Go to Channel Manager > Under Storefronts > Add new. Update/confirm all changes
- Before you can create a new storefront, you’ll need to first purchase a seat for it. Go to Channel Manager and click Create Channel. Under Storefronts, click Buy storefront seats
- Once purchased and added new storefront. It should look like this
New User on BigCommerce
- Sign up for a BigCommerce account
- Configuring store/s and storefronts
- Follow all the steps below to connect GoDataFeed app/apis
Existing Users on BigCommerce
- Single Store
Note: In case you don’t see this modal pop up, you can always set up manually
(OPTIONAL)Select storefront/channel that you would like to apply to this store
*Note: if you are not seeing this modal popup, you can always set it up manually, follow these steps
After selecting, your import will automatically run. This indicates the connection is successful
To check your storefront/channel id go to Products > Primary Sources > Channel Id
(OPTIONAL) To optimize your storefront, you can use our Filter feature to apply more rules to your storefront
Connect 2nd Storefront or other
- The idea is each store will apply to each storefront, so if you have two storefronts that you will need to create another store in GDF.
- Because this is the same store but has multi-storefronts, we will use the same store hash and access token from the first store.
1. Create new store/s in GoDataFeed
*Note: You must have the second or other stores configured in GDF before connecting the app
From Apps or GoDataFeed website > Select Account > Dropdown > Stores
2. Select the new store
3. Add the new store with information > Select the plan you want to start with > Save
Apply charges > Continue
Once your second store is ready. Switch to your first store
Then go to Products > Primary Sources and copy your Store Hash and Access Token
Switch to the second store, paste the Store Hash and Access Token from the first store to the second store. You will need the channel id for this store. Go to Channel Manager in the BigCommerce store, and select the storefront you want to use for this store.
Once you select the storefront, copy the channel id in the URL
And pasted it in the Channel Id box, then hit Save
After you follow all these steps the import will automatically run indicating you have successfully integrated GoDataFeed with multi-storefronts!
Connect Manually to GoDataFeed using API
1. Connect new API
Go to Settings > API > API Accounts
Click on "Create New API Account"
Copy your Store Hash which is in API Path and paste it somewhere safe
For OAuth Scopes, please set these permissions to read-only for the app properly get data in
After clicking Save, BigCommerce will try to save the new credentials file to your computer. Please save it somewhere safe and easy to remember. We will need Store Hash, and Access Token from this file.
After this step, you can go to GoDataFeed website here and log in to your store
After logging in, navigate to Products > Primary Source
Select BigCommerce V3, and paste those tokens you retrieved in the previous step
Find the Channel Id in BigCommerce store in Channel Manager, select which storefront you want to use, copy the channel id in the URL
After filling out the Store Hash and Access Token and Channel Id, click Save > Import Now
Import will trigger and you are all set!
Manual API Set-up for Second Store
- Use the same Store Hash and Access token
- Follow the same steps above to paste in Store Hash, Access Token, and Channel Id for the second store and run the import.
Congratulations! You have connected to GoDataFeed App with multi-storefronts. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to GoDataFeed developers or help desks if you have any questions.
- Big 1.png500 KB
Please sign in to leave a comment.