This integration allows you to continue managing your product data on your Magento store while GoDataFeed automatically retrieves the latest changes on a daily basis.
1. Install the GoDataFeed Extension
Note: You must have FTP access to your Magento server
- Unpack the package on your local machine. TIP: You may need to download a program such as 7-Zip to unpack the file.
- Using your ftp client, log into your target destination.
- Upload the app folder to the root folder of your Magento directory
You can verify by checking the following files/folders exists and has correct permissions
- Optional: If you would like to have this extension show up under Magento Connect, upload the xml file provided in the installation package (GoDataFeed-1.1.3.xml) to the /var/package folder under your Magento directory
- Go to System > Cache Management > Web Services Configuration cache (Web Services definition files (api2.xml)) and check the box, select Actions > Refresh and click on Submit.
2. Create a Magento API User, Role and Permissions
- In the Magento, go to System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles and create a Role with permissions to "Retrieve products data"
- Go to System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Users
- Create a User
- When creating a User you will see a field requesting an API key. Enter a password in this field, it will be used for your GoDataFeed import password.
- In the User Role tab, assign this User with the new Role (created in step #2 above)
3. Complete GoDataFeed primary source settings and import products
- In GoDataFeed > Products > Import Source drop-down, select Magento SOAP 1.x
- Store ID: The number in your Magento store for this store view under Manage Stores.
- Base URL:
- This is the URL that is used to access your Magento API endpoint.
- This is sometimes the same as your Magento Login URL.
- This could also be simply your store site URL similar to this: https://www.yourstore.com.
- If you are unsure about your Magento API base URL, please consult your Magento Administrator.
- Product Types: filter by simple, configurable, grouped, virtual, bundle, and downloadable products
- API Username and Password: the Username and Password that were created when you set up your Magento SOAP User.
- Stock Quantity Filter (optional): The minimum Stock Quantity products can have to be imported into our system. If a product has a quantity lower than this, then we will not import it.
- Save -- now you may import your products