GoDataFeed is integrated with AmeriCommerce to provide seamless imports and updates from AmeriCommerce to GoDataFeed. This allows you to continue managing your product data on AmeriCommerce while GoDataFeed automatically retrieves the latest changes on a daily basis.
Step 1: Create API User Group
The first step is to create a user group that has API permissions. To do this,
- Navigate to Settings > Security > User Roles/Groups
- Click New (optionally, you can edit an existing user group and give it API permissions)
- Give the user group a name. The name can be almost anything, but "GoDataFeed" would be a good choice.
- In the permissions grid, go ahead and check all four boxes for API.
- Click Save
Step 2: Create API User
Next, we'll need to create a user and make it a member of the API user group we just created. To do so,
- navigate Settings > Security > Users
- Click New (optionally edit an existing user account).
- Give the user account a username, email address (email@example.com), and password*. These are required.
- In the 'Member Of' grid, place a check next to the user group you created in step 1.
Step 3: Apply credentials to source settings
- In your GoDataFeed account and go to the Products tab from the left navigation
- Select Primary Source under the SOURCE section in the sidebar menu
- In the Import Source drop-down, select AmeriCommerce
- Enter your secure website URL in Base URL
- For example, https://www.mystore.com/
- Don't forget the trailing forward slash
- If you do not own your own SSL certificate and are using Americommerce's certificate, then use https://mystore.americommerce.com/
- Enter your Americommerce API username and password
- Upon saving you will be prompted to import your products
- To import products immediately, click RUN IMPORT