Our integration provides seamless product imports allowing you to manage your product data on AmeriCommerce while we automatically retrieve the latest changes on a daily basis.
1: Create API User Group
The first step is to create a user group that has API permissions.
- In Americommerce, navigate to Settings > Security > User Roles/Groups
- Click New (optionally, you can edit an existing user group and give it API permissions)
- Name the user group which can be almost anything, but "GoDataFeed" would be a good choice
- In the User Group Permissions table, check all four boxes for API
- Click Save
2: Create API User
Next, we'll need to create a user and make it a member of the API user group we just created.
- In Americommerce, navigate to Settings > Security > Users
- Click New (optionally edit an existing user account)
- Give the user account a username, email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), and password
- In the 'Member Of' table, place a check next to the user group you created in step 1
3: Apply credentials to source settings
- In your GoDataFeed account and go to the Products tab from the left navigation
- Select Primary Source
- In the Import Source drop-down, select AmeriCommerce
- Enter your secure website URL in Base URL
For example, https://www.mystore.com/
Don't forget the trailing forward slash
If you do not own your own SSL certificate and are using Americommerce's certificate, then use https://mystore.americommerce.com/
- Enter your Americommerce API username and password
- Save -- now you may import your products