Concatenation allows you to join fields or values together, like you would using a Excel function. For example, you could join your brands and titles or you could append colors to the end of your titles or units of measure to shipping dimensions.
- Brand + Title = "TREK Basketball Shoes"
- Title + " - " Color = "Boys shirt - Blue"
- Shipping length + " in" = "3.5 in"
To concatenate values in a rule:
- Go to the Feeds tab in the left navigation
- Select the desired feed template
- Select Custom rules under the SETUP section of the sidebar menu
- Click the plus button
- Name your rule
- Under SET, select the feed field you want to change
- Under TO, enter the desired value for your selected field by either typing it or choosing from either your imported Product [P] data or Feed [F] data from the drop-down menu
- To concatenate fields, you can add another field or value in the next available box
- Use the space key to give a space character between fields/values (see image below)
- Enter the conditions for this rule. To add additional conditions, click the Condition icon.
To save this new custom rule as a Global Rule, click the global rule dop-down option and select Save as new global rule.
Please sign in to leave a comment.