If you sell products such as apparel, linens, or any other product type that comes in various sizes and colors, you will need to provide GoDataFeed with parent-child product variations.
This will enable products with variations to be represented as one product with multiple variations, as opposed to each variant being a unique product. Think of buying a pair of shoes that come in 4 colors and 5 sizes; Shoppers will find a drop down with size/color variations to choose from. Ultimately, this makes the buying process a lot more efficient and streamlined for the shopper.
Among other things, variations have become a necessity since Google changed its format and now requires that retailers must submit the relevant variation attributes for products in categories that have either size, color, or size/color variations.
Possible Variations Scenarios:
- Product comes in different colors (yellow, white, black, red, blue)
- Product comes in different sizes (small, medium, large, extra large)
- Product comes in different sizes and colors
- Product comes in other variations like theme, material, pattern, metal, and so on
- Easier for shoppers to choose items with various size/ color options
For GoDataFeed to process items with Variations, you will need to include these fields on the source file:
- Leave it empty (for single, stand alone items with no variations)
- Parent Product Code for all Child Items
- Sizes for all items with size variations
- Colors for all items with color variations