This article will show you how to configure and schedule your feed submission to Google Merchant Center.
Please note, we will show you how to submit a feed from GoDataFeed to Google's FTP uploads method. If you want to use the Fetch method then please see the steps in our Submitting Feeds to Google Merchant Center via Feed Pull URL. The steps outlined in this article can also be found from Google, if any parts are not up to date feel free to contact us.
Step 1 Create a new primary feed in Google
First, we need to create a feed record in Google so that Google know's which feed file to look for when we submit from GoDataFeed.
- Log into Google Merchant Center.
- Be sure the website is Claimed and Verified (See Business Information > Website).
- Click Products on the left-hand menu and then select 'Feeds'.
- Click the
button to add a new feed.
- Under the "Target countries" select the add button and select the countries where you want to show the products from this feed to and select Save. Please note some target countries have additional requirements.
- Once you save a Target country you will need to select the language of the content in your feed and select Continue to move forward.
- Select the destinations you would like to list your products to. Destinations let you select which Google products can display the items in your data feed. Typically most customers select all: available destinations and click 'Continue'.
- Enter the primary feed name (this is not the file name but simply how you describe the feed) i.e. "GoDataFeed".
- Choose how to set up your feed as 'Upload' and click 'Continue'.
- Enter the name of your feed file (this must match the file name in the feed settings page). We recommend entering a file name without any spaces. Once complete, click 'Continue'.
Step 2 Set feed default currency to US Dollar
- Back on the Google Merchant Center dashboard, click on 'Products' then 'Feeds' then click on the feed you just created and click on 'Settings'.
- Locate the Default currency section and select your 'default currency' and click 'Save'.
Now, you are ready to submit your feed from GoDataFeed to Google.
Step 3 Setup SFTP submissions to Google Merchant Center
- In GoDataFeed, You will want to navigate to the Feed submission settings. To locate this you will navigate to Feeds > Select the feed > Settings on the left > Scroll down on the right to see the Feed Submission section. This is where you will copy and paste SFTP details from Google Merchant Center into this section.
- In Google Merchant Center, click the gear icon on the upper right-hand side of the screen for the Tools and settings. Then select "SFTP/FTP/GCS" to review your SFTP settings.
- On this page, you will see two settings. One for SFTP and one for FTP to review the details of the FTP settings you will need to expand the selection. Please note SFTP and FTP credentials are two different sets of details. You will need to copy the SFTP details over to Godatafeed.
- On this page in Google Merchant Center you will need to enter the SFTP host address, SFTP User name, SFTP Password, and Port in GoDataFeed.
See below for SFTP details:
See below for FTP details:
- Click 'RESET' in Google, copy and paste the Password into the GoDataFeed
Please consider whether you are using any other applications or services that might be currently connected to Google SFTP/FTP using the current SFTP/FTP password. Those connections may be severed when you reset the SFTP/FTP password.
- Save the submission parameters in GoDataFeed
Now, you are ready to schedule your submission and setup email alerts.
Step 4 Schedule submissions and enable email alerts
- Select a scheduled submission time in GoDataFeed - you may see a default time already set by our system
- Under General settings, choose which email alerts to receive and enter your email address - we highly recommend receiving an email for Feed fails, if you want to receive emails with a summary of the feed totals including the feed validation warnings and errors, then enable Feed succeeds
Here are examples of the emails you receive from our system when a feed succeeds or fails
Feed Succeeds Email Example
Feed Fails Email example
Step 5 Submit your feed to Google
Now, you are ready to submit your feed to Google.
From the feed in GoDataFeed, click Submit Feed.
Step 6 Check feed processing in Google Merchant Center
Be sure to monitor the Processing tab in Google Merchant Center for your feed. Google will provide initial results for the feed submission.
In this example screenshot, the feed has 1 product with an error about invalid UPCs (GTIN).
Please sign in to leave a comment.