This article will show you how to configure and submit feeds via feed pull using scheduled fetches to Google Merchant Center.
Please note, there are two ways you can choose to submit your feed to Google Merchant Center either via feed pull url using scheduled fetches as this article outlines or via SFTP. You can choose to enable either options. The steps outlined in this article can also be found from Google.
Toggle through the 3 steps below, following the instructions for each step carefully to configure your feed pull within Google Merchant Center:
First, we need to create a feed record in Google so that Google knows which feed file to look for when we submit from GoDataFeed.
- Log into Google Merchant Center.
- Be sure the website is Claimed and Verified (see Business Information > Website).
- Click Products on the left-hand menu > select 'Feeds'.
- Click the + button to add a new feed.
- Under 'Target countries' select the add button and select the countries where you want to show the products from this feed tov> click "Save". Please note some target countries have additional requirements.
- Once you save a Target country you will need to select the language of the content in your feed > click "Continue".
- Select the destinations you would like to list your products to. Destinations let you select which Google products can display the items in your data feed. Typically most customers select all: available destinations > click "Continue".
- Enter the primary feed name (this is not the file name but simply how you describe the feed) i.e. "GoDataFeed".
- Choose 'Scheduled fetch' > click "Continue".
- Enter the name of your feed file from GoDataFeed (this must match the file name in the feed settings page). To check this field you can navigate in GoDataFeed to your Google Shopping feed > click 'Settings'.
- Next in the 'Feed pull' section click the "Create Feed URL" button then click > "Copy URL" to generate a feed pull URL and copy the URL of your feed to input into Google Merchant Center > paste this URL into the 'File URL' field in Google Merchant Center.
Note: We recommend entering a file name without any spaces.
- Back on the Google Merchant Center dashboard, click on 'Products' > 'Feeds' > click on the feed you just created > click on 'Settings' > see 'File Name' in the 'General settings' section.
- Locate the 'Default currency' section select your default currency from the dropdown > click "Save".
- Now, you are ready to submit your feed from GoDataFeed to Google. Once default currency is saved >this is saved you can click "Fetch Now" in the top right. This may not populate until the Currency is saved.
Be sure to monitor the Processing tab in Google Merchant Center for your feed. Google will provide initial results for the feed submission however this may take anywhere from 30 minutes to 72 hours for Google to fully process the feed and crawl the data.