When you import data into GoDataFeed, we will store your data into an internal table we call your Product Catalog. Import field mapping allows you to route your data fields from your source and merge files to the desired fields in the product catalog table.
Internal System Fields
When mapping your product data fields to our system fields, you may notice there are two types of system fields; standard and custom.
1. Standard fields are used map your feed fields and categories faster:
- Auto-mapping new feeds:
- These standard fields are used to set your default mapping in newly added feeds. 'Sku' will be used as the equivalent feed field for sku. For example, after you add a Google Shopping feed, our system maps your sku to the Google 'id' field. Other fields that are auto-mapped will include title, description, prices, brand, and so on.
- Auto-suggest categories:
- 'Category' will be used to suggest matching categories for the channel feed (Feeds > Feed Setup > Categories).
2. Custom fields are any additional fields from your data which you would like GoDataFeed to make available for mapping in feed templates.
Labeling source fields
Optionally, you may add your own label for import fields to override the source field name. The label will be used wherever you are presented with the list of import fields, such as feed mapping, filters, and rule conditions.
Importing a specific source field
Many sources will import any additional fields found from the source automatically. However, some sources, like Magento, are configured in our system so that you must specify additional attributes for our system to import. This was done so that we do not import all attributes many of which may not be used in your feeds.
If you would like to import a new field from your shopping cart platform, follow the below steps:
- Copy the exact field name from your shopping cart platform
- Go to the Products tab from the left navigation
- Select Mapping under the SETTINGS section in the sidebar menu
- Paste the field into an available standard field or custom field under the Source fields section
- Click SAVE and RUN IMPORT
Data Types are a classification identifying one of the various types of data, such as text, decimal, or integer, that determines the possible values for that type, the operations that can be done on values of that type, the meaning of the data, and the way values of that type can be stored.
Data Types in the GoDataFeed Mapping section include the following:
- Any field where the Data type is set to "integer" in the Mapping settings (Products > SETTINGS > Mapping) cannot be null and integers are automatically set to 0 in the database.
- This option is not shown on the import settings field mapping page, but certain feed fields are classified as ‘date’