Only managed accounts based in the US and ID can create catalogs. For more information, please contact your sales representative.
What are the benefits of connecting a catalog to TikTok?
According to TikTok, a catalog is an asset that allows you to store information about the products you want to promote on TikTok. When you create a catalog you can create ads that showcase specific products with up-to-date information about each product, like price, availability, sizes, and more.
Using a catalog is a great solution for anyone who is looking for an efficient way to create and manage ads that feature a variety of products, like an online retailer.
Creating a catalog will give you the ability to:
- Upload key information about your products directly to TikTok Ads Manager, including names, descriptions, prices, images, videos and more.
- Manage your products by creating product sets and creating automated rules to customize the information about your products.
- Generate custom videos for all of the products in your catalog using the Video Template and Dynamic Video Generator tool.
Step 1: Create a new product catalog in TikTok Ads Manager
To create a catalog in TikTok Ads Manager, follow these steps:
- Login to TikTok Ads Manager and go to Catalogs
- Click Assets > Add Catalog
- Enter a Catalog Name
- Choose a Default Currency for the products in your catalog
- Select a Targeting Location where you will show your ads
- Click Create
Step 2: Upload products to the new catalog
After you create a catalog, you'll need to upload your products to it, following the steps below:
- Select your Catalog
- On the left side of the screen under Manage, click Products
- Then click the Add Products button
- Select Data Feed Schedule and enter a Data Feed Name
- Enter the Data Feed URL
Follow these steps in GoDataFeed to generate and copy the feed pull URL to input in this step:
- In your TikTok feed > click the 'Settings' page
- If you haven't done so already, click "Create Feed URL" to generate the feed pull URL
- Click "Copy URL"
Your Data Feed URL is NOT password protected, you can leave username and password empty
- Choose Automatic Upload Frequency: select if you want your catalog to be updated Hourly or Daily
- If using Hourly, select the hourly frequency you want to update your catalog
- For both options you will need to enter the time you want to start updating your file
Best practice is to schedule the feed upload to happen after your GoDataFeed import completes
The time and frequency will depend our your import schedule in GoDataFeed. Typically, we are importing your data once daily around 2:00 a.m EST. This means ideally you would select "Daily at 2:50 a.m.". If you have configured more imports in GoDataFeed, or if the import takes a long time, then you will need to take these elements into consideration. After each data import into our system, we compile the feed so that it is ready to be fetched by TikTok at the scheduled time. Review your import history to figure out the best time for TikTok to fetch the feed.
Select an Update Method and choose 'Replace your data feed' -- selecting this will upload the new data feed or replace your existing one, and any existing items that are not in your new data feed will be deleted
- Once you've filled in all of the information, click Import
- All done! Check for issues and contact our Support team if you need any assistance
See additional help articles for further: