To begin, you’ll need a Pinterest business account.
You can create a product catalog for your entire inventory from within your business account. You can create product pins manually, but connecting a data source is far more efficient.
Connect your inventory to your product catalog
Assuming you've already imported your data to GoDataFeed (or other product data management platform) and have mapped/optimized your Pinterest feed accordingly, the next thing you'll need to do is to find your feed pull – or data source URL.
- Go to Pinterest > Ads > Catalogs
- Fill out the new data source form if you do not have any existing data sources, otherwise, you may need to first click "Add new data source"
- Enter a name like "GoDataFeed"
- Copy and paste the feed URL from the feed settings page in GoDataFeed
- In GDF, go to Feeds > Pinterest > Settings and create a feed pull URL. The feed pull URL is what Pinterest will use to download and update your catalog.
- Copy & paste your feed pull URL to your Pinterest data source URL.
- Skip the Username and Password
- Chose your Country/Region, Language, default currency, and availability
- Lastly, select a time at which Pinterest will fetch the feed. Coordinate this time with your import and how long it takes to complete. Set Pinterest to fetch at a time well after GDF imports your data and compiles your feed.