GoDataFeed has made enhancements to now support bringing in Shopify based Contextual pricing for multiple countries and languages based on your enabled settings. If you are a Shopify user who has Shopify Markets enabled see below for how this may work for your store.
Items covered in this article
- Field Names
- Contextual Pricing Field Names
- Translation (Requirements)
- How to bring in Translation Data to your import
- FAQs on Translation
- How to bring in Contextual Pricing to your import
- FAQs on Contextual Pricing
What do we offer in this feature?
- New UI in our Import Setting to enter the locales of languages or countries of prices they want to bring in
- Enhancement support for: COLLECTION, PRODUCT, PRODUCT VARIANT
- Import Source: Shopify GraphQL and Shopify Market (with GraphQL checkbox)
- You would need to enter ISO locale code for Translation by following this link: Language Code (shopify.dev) and ISO country code for Contextual Pricing by following this link: Country Code (shopify.dev)
- Import will take longer to download since we are requesting more data through APIs
There are some updates to the field names because the code is now dynamic on Translation
Contextual Pricing Field Names
You must add the new language supported by Shopify or on Shopify App Store.
See here the following help article for more information on these steps from Shopify Add new languages to your online store
How to bring in Translation Data to your import
1) Go to import setting and follow this link to obtain the locale iso code: LanguageCode (shopify.dev)
2) Enter the locale/s in the text box as shown in example below. Note: it is case sensitive and each locale code should be separated by a comma (,)
3) Then click Save and Import Now
FAQs on Translation
Reasons why your new language does not show up in your import:
- Unpublished languages
- You may want to review if you have any unpublished languages. See here the following help article for more information on these steps from Shopify - Unpublished a language in your online store
- Assign language for markets
- If you have different markets, you would need to review the assigned languages for the specific market. See here the following help article for more information on these steps from Shopify - Change the default language of your online store
- Shopify Support or Shopify App Developer
- After reviewing all these settings, if you are still having trouble bringing in data for translation, you would need to contact Shopify Support Center or email the developer for the Translation app that you are currently using. Note: The Translation data only shows the import file when we get data from API calls
How to bring in Contextual Pricing to your import
Below are the steps to bring in different prices
1) Go to Import Settings; Follow this link to get the country iso code: CountryCode (shopify.dev)
2) Enter the country codes in the text box
3) Then click Save and Import Now
FAQs on Contextual Pricing
- What is my default currency?
- Default currency depends on your default setting in your Shopify store. You can find this information on your Shopify store by going to Settings -> Store Details.
- Why are all the prices in the file the same?
- This happens when you add a country code/s that you did not set up in your Shopify store. We are getting the default prices from the APIs. Please refer to this document from Shopify International pricing · Shopify Help Center for more information or follow the steps below to get new prices. See here the following help article for more information on these steps from Shopify - Set product prices for a country or region
Please sign in to leave a comment.