Make Google Sheet public
Once you have created your data file and are ready to merge, you will need to publish your Google Sheet to a CSV file in order for our system to bring in the updated changes at the next scheduled import time. Please see the following steps below on how you can make a Google sheet public:
- In Google Sheets, go to File > Publish to the web
- Select “Entire document” and “Comma-separate values (.csv)”
- Under “Published content and settings” dropdown menu, check the “Automatically republish with changes are made” option
- This means then you make changes to the sheet they are immediately ready to be imported by our system. Once you make a change to your merge file in Google Sheets, simply run a new product import in GoDataFeed. Otherwise, the changes will be imported at the next scheduled time.
- Lastly, (starting 11/18/20, you will also need to make the Sheet public) click the "Share" button
- Under the "Get Link" section choose "Anyone with the link" - note, the view, edit permission don't matter in this case because we are simply getting an export .csv of the data not using the web browser.
- This will allow our system to download the data.
- You are all done - to confirm the share settings are correct, you should now see "Anyone with the link" or in the top-right corner you should see the Share button with a link icon.
Please sign in to leave a comment.