Note: Only managed accounts based in the US and ID can create catalogs. For more information, please contact your sales representative.
According to TikTok, a catalog is an asset that allows you to store information about the products you want to promote on TikTok. When you create a catalog you can create ads that showcase specific products with up-to-date information about each product, like price, availability, sizes, and more.
Using a catalog is a great solution for anyone who is looking for an efficient way to create and manage ads that feature a variety of products, like an online retailer.
Creating a catalog will give you the ability to:
- Upload key information about your products directly to TikTok Ads Manager, including names, descriptions, prices, images, videos and more.
- Manage your products by creating product sets and creating automated rules to customize the information about your products.
- Generate custom videos for all of the products in your catalog using the Video Template and Dynamic Video Generator tool.
- Create a catalog on TikTok Ads Manager
- Upload products to your catalog
- Generate videos for the products in your catalog
- Integrate events between your catalog and measurement partner or TikTok Pixel
- Publish a campaign using the products in your catalog
Create a new product catalog
Remember: Only managed accounts based in the US and ID can create catalogs. For more information, please contact your sales representative.
The first step in creating Catalog Sales ads is creating a catalog on TikTok Ads Manager.
Step 1 Login to TikTok Ads Manager and go to Assets > Catalog
Step 2 Click Create
Step 3 Enter a Catalog Name
Step 4 Choose a Default Currency for the products in your catalog
Step 5 Select a Targeting Location where you will show your ads
After you create a catalog, you'll need to upload your products to it.
Step 6 Select your Catalog
Step 7 On the left side of the screen, under Manage click Products
Step 8 Then click the Upload Product button
Step 9 Select Data Feed Schedule and enter a Data Feed Name
Step 10 Complete the Data Feed settings
Follow these steps to find your GoDataFeed feed pull URL
- In GoDataFeed, go to Feeds > TikTok > Feed settings
- If you haven't done so already, click Create Feed URL to activate the feed pull URL
- Click Copy URL
Your Data Feed URL is NOT password protected, you can leave username and password empty
- Choose Automatic Upload Frequency: Select if you want your catalog to be updated Hourly or Daily
- If using Hourly select the hourly frequency you want to update your catalog
- For both options you will need to enter the time you want to start updating your file
Schedule the feed upload to be after your GoDataFeed import completesThe time and frequency will depend our your import schedule in GoDataFeed. Typically, we are importing your data once daily around 1am EST. This means, for example, you will most likely select "Daily at 1:50am". If you have configured more imports in GoDataFeed, or if the import takes a long time, then you will need to take these into consideration. After each data import into our system, we compile the feed so that it is ready to be fetched by TikTok thereafter. Review your import history to figure out the best time for TikTok to fetch the feed.
- Select an Update Method: Choose Replace your data feed
- Replace your data feed will upload a new data feed to replace your existing one - existing items which are not in your new data feed will be deleted
Step 9 Once you've filled in the information for your Data Feed Schedule, click Import
Step 10 Check for Issues and let us know if you need any assistance
See also, How to Create Catalog Sales ads
Please sign in to leave a comment.