One advantage to custom feeds is that you can make them available to add to any store on your account.
Example use case
You are an agency and you manage digital advertising for many clients. There is a channel or feed template that does not exist in our system. You build a custom feed template for one client, but now you want to add the same template to other clients in your account.
Enabling a custom feed to be available for all stores
To make your custom feed template available to add to your other stores follow these steps:
- Open the custom feed
- Go to Template
- Find and enable the checkbox for "Make available to all stores on this account"
Adding a custom feed to other stores
To add your custom feed template to your other stores follow these steps:
- Open the desired client store
- Go to Feeds
- Click the plus button to add a feed template
- Choose Channel Templates
- Find the custom feed template by searching the template name OR scroll to the end of the list
- Select the desired template to add