This article will help you configure a merge file using Google sheets. If you are not familiar with how to use merge files, then please see the articles from the Merge Files section.
To merge data from Google Sheets with your import, you will need to first publish the data to a .csv file. Then, you will copy & paste the URL from Google into your merge file HTTP settings in your GoDataFeed account.
- Open google sheet > Blank > File > Open
- Open file from "My Drive" or "Upload"
- Proceed if you are ready to publish your data
- File > Publish to the web
- In the "Publish to the web" modal, select "Entire document" and "Comma-separated values (.csv)"
- Optionally, you can check the "Automatically republish when changes are made" option under Published content & settings. This means any changes you make will be published and available to our system on import.
- Copy the URL. You should see "?output=csv" on the end of the URL.
- In GoDataFeed, go to Merge Files
- Create a new merge file using the plus button
- Select Method: HTTP
- Enter the name of the Merge field name in "SKU merge field name"; the example above shows the merge column name is "sku"
- Copy & paste the URL from Google Sheets into the
You can also import your file from any HTTP link or from FTP.