This free feature is a window into your Google Merchant Center (GMC) account which allows you to see issues from within your Google feed in GoDataFeed.
Before you can begin using the Merchant Insights page, you will need to authenticate the GoDataFeed Feeds Management App to access your Merchant Center account.
- Go to the Google Shopping Merchant Center feed
- Click on the Merchant Insights tab
- Before you click Authenticate, check your Google account you are currently logged in as here https://accounts.google.com. When you click Authenticate, you will be taken to the Request for Permission page in Google. Google will assume the account you are currently logged into is the one you want to connect with. Ensure you are logged into the correct Google account that you want to connect.
- Click Authenticate
- You have now been redirected to the Google 'Request for Permission' page, click Allow
- You are now redirected back to My Profile > App token wallet in GoDataFeed
- Enter the email address you just used to connect our app (this is a label that will help you distinguish this Google account from any others you might authenticate - useful for agencies with multiple stores in their GoDataFeed account and multiple Google accounts with access to multiple client accounts)
- Click Save and Continue
- You are now redirected to the Feeds page, open your Google Shopping Merchant Center feed
- On the Merchant Insights page, you may now select the app token for the desired Google account and enter the Merchant Center Merchant ID (see Find my Merchant ID)
- Click Connect
You are now ready to use Merchant Insights to check data quality and account alerts from Merchant Center!