What is FBE?
The Facebook Business Extension (FBE) is a popup-based, Meta-owned interface that lives on GoDataFeed sites as a plugin and simplifies the overall integration process with Meta. MBE allows businesses to easily set up the Meta Pixel, Catalog, and Shops. It helps businesses connect their products and services with Facebook and Instagram channels on your platform. Once connected, GoDataFeed can help users utilize a large suite of powerful features.
Note: FBE is recommended to simplify the overall integration process.
The Commerce onboarding flow allows businesses to set up or integrate the following:
- Business Manager*
- Commerce Manager
- Ad account
- Facebook Page Shop
- Instagram Shop**
- Meta Pixel
After completion, any of the businesses can start an MBE onboarding flow without existing assets,
such as catalog, Business Manager, ads accounts, and more. Businesses can then create all
required assets within the MBE flow. See Facebook help article for more information.
Business Login (commonly known as Facebook Login) is an entry point that allows
business owners to connect their business on GoDataFeed platform to their Facebook or
Instagram profiles, using a connect button placed on the Feeds or orders page. After the user logs in,
GoDataFeed will ask for the user’s permission to access the Catalog, Page, and Orders.
Note: Please don't turn off any of the permissions to make sure the connection works properly.
The diagram below explains how GoDataFeed will use these permissions.
Business Login will be launched after the user clicks on Connect Meta MBE button. The
MBE Installation URL will be tied with this connect button.
Currently supporting the following scopes:
- Catalog_management [required]
- Manage_business_extension [required]
Setup MBE installation URL configurations
The Business Login via URL has a few required query parameters: client_id, display,
redirect_uri, response_type, scope, extras, setup, business_config
The extras parameter will contain two required fields, which are set up and business config.
In the setup field, we will pass in dynamic externalBusinessId and storeDomain values. Business_vertical and channel will be set as “ECOMMERCE” and “COMMERCE”. For more information on how to configure this, please click here.
Updated Business Login URL
Exchange Access Token
After the user finishes the MBE flow, we will get back the code that will be used to exchange.
How to connect to MBE in Feed
1. Navigate to Feed > Click “+” to add new feed > Search “Facebook” > Select any Facebook Feed
2. Navigate to Meta MBE Dashboard
3. Click on Connect > Navigate to Authorize page
- Here users can check out our help article or go back to check on their Meta account
4. Proceed to click on Connect Meta MBE button > Load Business Login URL
- If the user is not logged in, there will be a login form for the user to log in
- Once logged in, the user will see a dialog pop-up page below
5. Continue with the connected account > Select/unselect assets you would like to connect to Shop >
Next, click on Get Started
6. Select Business Manager account or create a new one > Continue
- Choose the account where you manage business assets like Page, Pixel, and Catalog. The assets
you create/connect will be owned by this Business Manager.
7. Select Facebook Page or create a new one > Continue
- User can only connect to the page which has access to the selected business manager account
(from previous selection)
8. Connect to Instagram existed account or create a new one > Continue
9. Select the catalog or create new > Continue
- Select a catalog so you can manage inventory and deliver ads that show your products.
10. Select your ad account, skip this step, or create a new one> Continue
- Select an ad account for your business to advertise products and services.
11. Select Meta Pixel or create new > Continue
- Use data from the pixel to understand actions on your website and measure the results of
12. Connect your Commerce Account or create a new one > Continue
13. Confirm all the selected options > Continue
14. Confirm all the permissions that GoDataFeed requested > Continue
- Recommended: turn on all permissions to ensure all the future features work properly.
15. Congratulations! You are now connected to GoDataFeed > Done
16. Automatically return to Meta MBE Dashboard, but now you are authorized, you will see
Successful Connection page with 3 options for FBE Settings: Edit, Manage, and Uninstall.
- Edit: (Not yet supported) You will be able to create a custom feature management view to
enable and disable MBE features
- Manage: Launch a pop-up management view belonging to the authorized business. This page
allows your businesses to further configure features (beyond what you specify for them in
business_config during installation)
- Uninstall: Disconnect the MBE connection
17. Management View
18. On the left side panel, select Settings to find the access token and external_business_id
How to connect to MBE in Order
1. Navigate to Order > Click “+” to add new Order Source > Select Meta
2. Click on Meta > Connect
3. You can follow steps 3 – 15 above as they are the same as the Feed instructions > Done
- You will automatically navigate back to Meta Order with the access token and order
external business id
GoDataFeed will receive webhook updates from Facebook about installations,
uninstallations, and reconfigurations of MBE.
Depending on the methods or the events, we will parse the data and process it.
Setup endpoints for webhook
GET Method – Verification Requests
Anytime we change our endpoint URL in the app, a GET request will be sent to the
new endpoint and this endpoint must validate the verified token and respond with the hub
challenge from Facebook.
POST Method – Event Notifications
Upon receiving a webhook notification of an install, GoDataFeed will parse the
response and save asset ids into our database.
Upon receiving a webhook notification of an uninstall, GoDataFeed will disconnect the
integration and call UNINSTALL MBE API to disable all the granted features.
Upon receiving a webhook notification of the change, GoDataFeed will update the
recorded features that have been granted and save the new changes to our database.
Subscribed Webhook Events
Below are our current subscribed webhook events
- USER Object
- PERMISSION Object
- COMMERCE ACCOUNT Object
Please sign in to leave a comment.