Custom rules allow you to apply business rules to your feeds to change field attributes, add third-party tracking, replace text in your data, calculate number values, and improve feed quality.
UTM tags are added to a URL that allows you to track performance. Once the URL is clicked on, the tag is sent to your Google Analytics account where you can view information about a visitor's session.
Append UTM parameters to URLs
Use concatenation to append UTM tracking parameters to product URLs.
Example custom rule using concatenation to append UTM parameters to dynamic URLs.
Creating a custom rule to append UTM parameters to product URLs
- Go to the Feeds tab in the left navigation
- Select the desired feed template
- Select Custom rules under the SETUP section of the sidebar menu
- Click the plus button
- Name your rule
- Under SET, select the feed field you want to change
- Under TO, select your product URL field (this should be a Product [P] field) from the drop-down menu
- In the next available field, type in your UTM parameters
- Enter the conditions for this rule. To add additional conditions, click the Condition icon.
To save this new custom rule as a Global Rule, click the global rule dop-down option and select Save as new global rule.
Please sign in to leave a comment.