Merge files allow you to add more products or product attribute data to your catalog. Follow these instructions to use FTP to provide a product file as a merge file.
- Go to the Products tab from the left navigation
- Select Merge files under the SOURCE section in the sidebar menu
- Click the plus button
- Select FTP as the Method
- Configure settings and click 'save':
- File name - The file name to download from your FTP location, such as myfile.txt
- FTP address, username, password, port number - the details required to access your ftp location (click 'Apply GoDataFeed FTP Settings' to auto-populate these fields
- Enable SSL - used with FTPS
- Enable passive mode - Not needed with GoDataFeed FTP. Passive mode is generally used in situations where the FTP server is not able to establish the data channel
Enable stack merge - if enabled, product rows that cannot be merged will be appended at the end of the product catalog
Be sure that your merge file is uploaded to this location (see Using FileZilla to access your GDF FTP location) and meets all of the requirements below:
- All Unique ID values in both files must be unique.
- Every row in the desired file to be merged must have a value in the Unique ID field.
- All Unique ID values in the merge file should match the Unique ID values from the primary source file, otherwise product rows will be stacked/appended at the end of the catalog.
- Your GoDataFeed product catalog is limited to 200 header fields. This includes all headers from the primary source file and any merge files.
- Download and review your product catalog once the import is complete, Products > Catalog and select Download