Custom rules allow you to apply business rules to your feeds to change field attributes, add third-party tracking, replace text in your data, calculate number values and generally improve feed quality.
To add a new custom rule to your feed:
- Go to the Feeds tab in the left navigation
- Open the desired feed template by clicking the name of the feed
- Select Custom rules under the SETUP section of the sidebar menu
- Click the plus button
- Name your rule
- Under SET, select the feed field you want to change
- Under TO, enter the desired value for your selected field by either typing it or choosing from either your imported Product [P] data or Feed [F] data from the drop-down menu
- Enter the conditions for this rule.
- To add additional conditions, click the +Condition button.
- To add another group of conditions, click +Condition Group button.
To save this new custom rule as a Global Rule, click the global rule dop-down option and select Save as new global rule.