If you receive an import failure notification with the below error message, follow the troubleshooting steps in this article.
Error message: Response Contains Invalid XML
The XMLRPC entry page set up in the GoDataFeed import settings may be incorrect.
- Verify the exact API entry page URL used for your Magento XMLRPC service. This may be your Magento login URL, but should be verified by your technical team, developers, or hosting providers, just in case the API services are accessed from a different entry page.
- Verify that your website’s XMLRPC service is on:
- Go to Products > SOURCE > Primary source
- Copy the base URL from this page into a new tab in your browser, and append it with ‘/index.php/api/xmlrpc’
- For example: http://www.mystore.com/index.php/api/xmlrpc
- If you do not see an XMLRPC page, review the XMLRPC page combinations
- Review the error logs for changes after every import attempt
- Below is what the XMLRPC page SHOULD NOT look like.
If you are unable to find the correct XMLRPC entry page, please contact the GoDataFeed support team.
Please sign in to leave a comment.