Merge files allow you to add more products or product attribute data to your catalog. Follow these instructions to use an HTTP link to provide a product file as a merge file.
- Go to the Products tab from the left navigation
- Select Merge files under the SOURCE section in the sidebar menu
- Click the plus button
- Select HTTP as the Method
- Configure settings and click 'save':
- HTTP address - if the file address is: http://www.mystore.com/files/feeds/merge.csv, enter the full HTTP address in the HTTP Address field
- HTTP Username and password - the credentials used to access your HTTP address
Enable stack merge - if enabled, product rows that cannot be merged will be appended at the end of the product catalog
Be sure that your merge file meets all of the requirements below:
- All Unique ID values in both files must be unique.
- Every row in the desired file to be merged must have a value in the Unique ID field.
- All Unique ID values in the merge file should match the Unique ID values from the primary source file, otherwise product rows will be stacked/appended at the end of the catalog.
- Your GoDataFeed product catalog is limited to 200 header fields. This includes all headers from the primary source file and any merge files.
- Download and review your product catalog once the import is complete, Products > Catalog and select Download