Not using the new GoDataFeed?
Please see, "Importing products from Magento 1.x (previous)"
This integration allows you to continue managing your product data on your Magento store while GoDataFeed automatically retrieves the latest changes on a daily basis.
To Install the Extension from FTP:
Note: You must have FTP access to your Magento server
- Download the Magento Installation package for 1.9.0 and below
- Download this Magento Installation Package for 1.9.1 and above
- Unpack the package on your local machine. TIP: You may need to download a program such as 7-Zip to unpack the file.
- Using your ftp client, log into your target destination; see Figure 1.
- Upload the app folder to the root folder of your Magento directory
- Optional: If you would like to have this extension show up under Magento Connect, upload the xml file provided in the installation package to the /var/package folder under your Magento directory
- Proceed with the remaining steps to set up the Magento API User, Role, & Permissions.
- Retrieve products data
- When creating a User you will see a field requesting an API key. Enter a password in this field, it will be used for your GoDataFeed import password.
- In the User Role tab, assign this User with the new Role (created in step #2 above)
- Store ID: The number in your Magento store for this store view under Manage Stores.
- Base URL:
- This is the URL that is used to access your Magento API endpoint.
- This is sometimes the same as your Magento Login URL.
- This could also be simply your store site URL similar to this: https://www.yourstore.com.
- If you are unsure about your Magento API base URL, please consult your Magento Administrator.
- Product Types: filter by simple, configurable, grouped, virtual, bundle, and downloadable products
- API Username and Password: the Username and Password that were created when you set up your Magento SOAP User.
- Stock Quantity Filter (optional): The minimum Stock Quantity products can have to be imported into our system. If a product has a quantity lower than this, then we will not import it.