Our private app integration provides seamless product imports allowing you to manage your product data on Shopify while we automatically retrieve the latest changes on a daily basis.
Step 1: Create a private app for GoDataFeed
- From your Shopify admin, go to Apps.
- Click Manage private apps.
- Click Create new private app.
- Enter GoDataFeed for 'Private App Name' and enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" for 'Contact Email'.
You may also add which feeds or orders you are using GoDataFeed for in the name to be clear, like this "GoDataFeed - Google, Facebook, Amazon, Walmart".
- Use the default Permissions as shown here if you are only using product listing feeds, not syncing orders.
If you intend to use our marketplace order sync tool, then be sure to change the 'Orders, transactions and fulfillments' permission to 'Read and write'.
- Skip 'Storefront API' section, we do not need access to your storefront.
- Click Save to get the API credentials which you will enter into your GoDataFeed account.
- Your Admin API credentials, API Key and Password, are now ready to use in your GoDataFeed store.
Treat the API key and password like you would any other password since whoever has access to these credentials has API access to the store.
Step 2: Configure your product import source settings in GoDataFeed
- In GoDataFeed > Products > Import Source drop-down, select Shopify
- Enter your store's Base URL, API Key and API Password
Note: Base URL is the admin URL without '/admin', i.e.,
- If you want to import Metafields, check the box (optional)
To bring in metafields, go to Products > Mapping (in GoDataFeed) and enter the 'key' in the next available source field inputs.
- Save -- now you may import your products
(Optional) Import variations and/or custom options
- Shopify uses a "title" field for both the parent and child data, even though the data may be different. Because of this, if you need to bring in your child product's 'variants' titles, simply enter 'variants_title' as a Custom Field in the import settings Mappings tab.
- If you would like to bring in additional Shopify child 'variants' fields OR custom options by name, add the field name into the Custom Fields in your import setting's Field Mappings.
- If you are using custom Options who's names match one of our existing standard fields, this data will override your standard field data. To prevent this, prepend the Custom Field label with 'option_'. For example, 'Title' should be entered as 'option_Title', "Size" should be entered as 'option_Size' (remember, these are case sensitive).
Note: Fields are case sensitive, according to how you created them.
(Optional) Import product options fields by various names
Shopify has multiple variant field names where your variant data may be stored. If you are trying to import variation data, please try adding the below fields to your GoDataFeed import mapping settings (Products > SETTINGS > Mapping).
Troubleshooting Shopify private app