Using the new GoDataFeed?
Please see, "Importing products from Shopify (new)"
GoDataFeed is integrated with Shopify to provide seamless imports and updates from Shopify to GoDataFeed. This allows you to continue managing your product data on Shopify while GoDataFeed automatically retrieves the latest changes on a daily basis.
- Log in to your Shopify account
- Click on Apps at the bottom left of the screen
- Click the Private Apps button at the top of the screen
- Click Generate API credentials at the top of the page
- Name your app GoDataFeed
- Select the below Permissions
- Click Save
- Copy and save your API information for your records
- Log on to your GoDataFeed account and click Imports under the Manage tab
- In the Import Source dropdown, select Shopify
- Enter your store's Base URL, API Key and API Password
Note: Base URL is the admin URL without '/admin', i.e., https://www.mystore.com/
- If you want to import Metafields, check the box (optional)
- To bring in metafields, append the Custom Field name (case sensitive) with 'metafield_' (also case sensitive).
- For example, 'Description' should be entered as 'metafield_Description',
- Enter your email and notification settings
- Upon saving you will be prompted to import your products. To import products immediately, click Yes. To import products later, click No.
Importing Variations and/or Custom Options
- Shopify uses a "title" field for both the parent and child data, even though the data may be different. Because of this, if you need to bring in your child product's 'variants' titles, simply enter 'variants_title' as a Custom Field in the import settings Field Mappings tab.
- If you would like to bring in additional Shopify child 'variants' fields OR custom options by name, add the field name into the Custom Fields in your import setting's Field Mappings.
- If you are using custom Options who's names match one of our existing standard fields, this data will override your standard field data. To prevent this, prepend the Custom Field name with 'option_'. For example, 'Title' should be entered as 'option_Title', "Size" should be entered as 'option_Size' (remember, these are case sensitive).
Note: Fields are case sensitive, according to how you created them.