In order to merge your source file with one or more consecutive files, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Imports tab and click the Settings tab
- Click on the Merge Files icon at the right of your screen
- Click the Add button
- Select a File Delivery (FTP or HTTP)
- GoDataFeed can provide you with an FTP location for your files if you don't already have one. To use GoDataFeed FTP, click the Use GDF FTP icon to the right of the File Delivery dropdown. Otherwise, enter the Address for your file's FTP or HTTP location.
- Enter additional credentials like username, password, file name port (usually 21) and the SKU map field, which tells the system what product to assign to each row of data.
Be sure that your secondary product data file is uploaded to this location and meets all of the requirements below:
- All Unique ID values in both files must be unique.
- Every row in the desired file to be merged must have a value in the Unique ID field.
- All Unique ID values in the merge file should match the Unique ID values from the primary source file.
- There is a limit of 99 header fields; this total includes the primary source file and any additional fields from the secondary product data files.
- You will be directed back to the My Products tab; click Import to activate the file merge.
- Once the import is complete, click Download My Product Data to review the revised product data.