When you create a Custom Feed, you are actually creating a feed template that will be available for use throughout your whole account, across all your stores. This is especially useful if you manage multiple stores feeds and need to implement unique feeds for various non-traditional or uncommon applications. The new Custom Feed template will automatically become active on the current store at the instance of creation.
Note: If the custom feed is not in a standard .csv or .txt format, you can request a custom feed to be developed by GoDataFeed. Contact your account manager or open a ticket.
Adding a new Custom Feed Template
- Go to Manage > Feeds
- Select Add > Custom Feed
- Confirm the feed activation by clicking Yes, or cancel by clicking No
Editing a Custom Feed Template - Step 1
- To edit a custom feed, navigate to the feeds list and click the Edit button
- In the Step 1 Format tab, add the following required feed attributes to your custom feed:
- Name - the title of the feed as it will appear in your dashboard
- Description - details on the feed
- File Format - the type of file that will be submitted
- Associate Categories - import categories from any existing standard feed into this feed template
- Include Headers - When selected, field names will show up as headers in the feed submission file
- Apply Delta - When selected, this feed template will compile using the GoDataFeed Delta functionality
- Show In Modules - When selected, this custom feed template will be available in the Modules page for any store in the account to use
- Show File Name - When selected, this allows you to override the file name being submitted in step 5 of each custom feed instance. The default filename is products.txt
- Show File Format - When selected, this allows you to override the file format being submitted in step 5 of each custom feed instance.
- Show Compression - When selected, this allows you to send compressed files in step 5 of each custom feed instance. Recommended for large data submissions.
Editing a Custom Feed Template - Step 2
- In the Step 2 Fields tab, click Add to add a new field.
- Add the following required field attributes to your custom feed:
- Name - the name of the field as it will appear in the feed setup
- Description - details on the feed field
- Product Field - the feed field type to associate for auto-mapping your source data fields
- Data Type - if a Product Field has not been chosen, you can use this dropdown to change the data type of this field. Especially useful for text or numeric rule computations.
- Required - determines whether the field is required for a feed submission
- Character Limit - determines the length of characters allowed in a field before truncating data or triggering a validation error on a product
You can change the sequence of the fields by using the Move cursor.
Editing a Custom Feed Template - Step 3 (optional)
- In the Step 3 Validation tab, click Add to add a validation rule
- Create your validation logic by completing the following required form elements:
- Name - the title of your rule as it will appear in the validation rules list
- Show Message - the message to display in a validation report when this rule has been triggered
- As - choose between Error or Warning to represent the validation type
- Comparison Field - the feed field you wish to perform validation on
- Comparison Operator - used to evaluate the conditions of your validation rule
- Comparison Value - the value which will be used to check against
Adding Custom Feeds to Multiple Stores
To activate an existing Custom Feed for another store in your account:
- From the dashboard, select the store which you want to add the custom feed to by choosing it from the Stores dropdown menu on the top-right.
- Select Manage > Feeds to navigate to that store's feeds list.
- Click Add and select Feed from the dropdown list. This will take you to the Modules page.
- In the Feeds tab, select the custom feed you wish to add from the list of available feeds. You can search for the feed by entering its name into the Search bar and clicking Search.
- Confirm the feed activation by clicking Yes, or cancel by clicking No.
- From the popup modal that comes up, choose Yes to set up the feed immediately or No to set up the feed later.