When you clone a feed, the system automatically generates a custom feed for you. That custom feed format will be taken from the feed that was cloned.
Cloning Feed Categories
You can associate categories from any feed in the system. This is useful when you want to build a custom feed using the taxonomy from a standard feed.
NOTE: When you clone a standard feed taxonomy structure, the structure is bound to that feed so that any future updates to the standard feed's taxonomy will also apply to the cloned feed.
Cloning Feed Rules
You can select to copy Validation Rules, Filter Rules, Category Rules, and Custom Rules over to the cloned feed.
NOTE: Cloned rules are not affected by changes to the original rule once copied over.
To clone a feed:
- Go to Manage > Feeds
- Find the feed you want to clone and click the Clone Feed button
- Confirm that you want to activate a new custom feed and approve new charges (if a new charge applies)
- Name your new feed
- Associate categories to your new feed to let the system know what template to work from
- Select whether to copy Filter Rules, Category Rules and/or Custom Rules
- Choose which Store on the account that you would like to clone the feed to
- Your new custom feed will appear in your feeds list