Global rules allow you to save often-used customization and optimization logic across multiple feeds for your store. The conditions that you set up for a global rule can be reused or revamped throughout your various feed. Global Rules can also be linked to existing rules for updating and cascading your business logic in one centralized location.
To add a new Global Rule from the Global Rule page:
- Go to the Global Rules page by navigating to Manage > Global Rules
- Analytics Trend Rule - create rule conditions based on your analytics trend data
- Click Add
- Name your rule
- Chose the data field you wish to evaluate by selecting it from the Comparison Field
- Select from the Comparison Operator dropdown to determine how your data will be operated on.
- Enter a value or select from an existing field to evaluate in the Comparison Value input box.
- To create multiple conditions or condition sets, click Add Condition or Add Condition Set to add more data points for the rule to evaluate.
To add a new Global Product Rule from an existing feed setup:
- Go to the Feeds page by navigating to Manage > Feeds. Find your feed from the feeds list and select it to open up the feed setup.
- In the feed setup steps 2-3, find the existing rule you would like to save as a global rule.
- Click the Save Global Rules icon.
- Confirm the creation of the Global Rule by clicking Save.
Adding Text Replacement or Number Adjustment Functions
Text Replacement and Number Adjustment functions operate on a rule using the specific data type of the function fields used. When applying Global Rules with text or number functions to your feed setups, you will only be able to select from those fields specific to the Global Rule's data type -- either text or numeric. For more information, see the data types article.
To add a Text Replacement to your Global Rule:
- Add or edit an existing Global Rule -- make sure the rule has been saved at least once.
- Click the Replace Text icon
- To create a new text replacement definition, enter the text you want to replace in the Replace field.
- Enter the value you want to replace it within the With field.
- Save the text replacement rule. A new definition for that rule will appear in the drop-down menu.
- To edit an existing Text Replacement definition, use the drop-down menu to select it from your existing definitions and update the rule as needed.
Note: To remove a value completely, you can leave the With field empty and the system will remove any references to your Replace value from that custom rule's feed field data.
To add a Number Adjustment to your Global Rule:
- Add or edit an existing Global Rule
- Click the Number Function icon. Additional parameters will be added to your field definition to create the number adjustment.
- Select an operator from the formula dropdown to add, subtract, multiply, or divide by.
- Enter the number to adjust your field data
- Select Fixed or Percentage from the adjustment type drop-down. Fixed calculates the number adjustment directly to your product data. Percentage calculates the number adjustment as a percentage of your product data values.